HurryCover is your one-stop solution for getting InDesign book cover layouts done on time the right way. Your job is to design eye-popping book covers in stunning layouts? OK, HurryCover's job is to make it easy, streamlined and productive. Get your entire book cover or dust jacket perfectly sized, press-ready, with fine-tuned spine, back and flaps. Better: use the PRO version to have it all resizable at will—spine width, finished dimensions, front and/or back flap—with respect to what is already laid out. Don't miss out on HurryCover if you are serious about making books!
Check out right now the HurryCover's Manual (PDF, 16 pages):
Overview and Key Features
HurryCover for InDesign CS4/CS5/CS6/CC helps you build, size, and manage book covers with no effort. What makes this product really powerful is that you can edit the specific size of any area after the document was laid out, and then get existing elements adjusted or moved the required distance to fit the new dimensions (PRO version only).
Here are some of the key features:
• InDesign CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC compatible, Mac OS and Windows platforms.
• New user interface, providing either English, French, German, or Spanish language depending on your InDesign localisation.
• Supports all usual InDesign measurement units: agates, ciceros, centimeters, inches, millimeters, picas. (You can instantly switch from one to another without leaving HurryCover.)
• Front and back flap support, including turn-in thickness.
• Custom printer's marks, fold marks and guides for spine and flaps.
• Automatic repositioning and “Smart resize” algorithms (see details in the manual).
• Metadata manager.
…and so much more!
Give it a try!
HurryCover's TRY version allows you to test most of the functionalities—especially, you can build a full book cover template—but it does not allow to update any document (the Update button remains grayed out).
Therefore, if you wish to use HurryCover as a production tool, consider to purchase a PRO version license.
• Installation. — The TRY and PRO versions of HurryCover are both delivered in the jsx format. You simply need to put the file in your Scripts Panel folder. The script is instantly available in the InDesign Scripts panel.
• Note. — If you cannot find the location of your Scripts Panel folder, run InDesign and display the Scripts panel (Window > Automation > Scripts or Window > Utilities > Scripts). Then right-click the User folder and, in the fly-out menu, pick Reveal in Finder (Mac OS) or Reveal in Explorer (Windows). If there is not already a Scripts Panel subfolder within the revealed Scripts folder, create here a new folder named Scripts Panel.
HurryCover's Reviews and Tutorials
• A quick overview of HurryCover “in action,” with sample screens, is still visible in our introductory article: “HurryCover 2 | Book Covers and Dust Jackets Made Easy”
• Robert Kaltenbrunn at absatsetzer.de also released a great translation of the introductory article in German:
»HurryCover 2 | Buchcovers und Schutzumschläge ganz einfach«
• Jean-Christophe Courte brought to us a superb review of HurryCover at urbanbike.com—well, it is in French, but please give a look at the awesome screenshots:
« HurryCover Pro | Un script indispensable pour graphistes de livres… »
I also wish to thank the many people who have helped improve HurryCover, in particular : Loïc Aigon, Laurent Tournier, Nicolas Pichou, Jean-Marc Bonnard, Eduardo Antunes, Norbert Congard, Philippe Theophanidis, Laurent Grolleau, Colin Flashman, Ulrich Döllken, Ian Mac Pherson.