How much do you spend on manually repositioning objects, resizing or adjusting all frames when your layout is changing? How many times did you need to move all main blocks by a given offset on every page? Or to reset the scale of every inner image? Think about the time you lost in repeating those daily boring tasks again and again, then take a giant step in loading Equalizer 3 in your InDesign toolbox. Batch positioning and resizing in InDesign is now as easy as clicking the Run button…
Quick Case Study
• Need to make all selected shapes the same size? Apply Equalizer's Width/Height Reset to on the
• Need to multiply all dimensions by a determined factor? Apply Equalizer's Multiply by instead:
• You can increase or reduce a single dimension as well, for example the width. Just deactivate the
HEIGHT pane and run:
• Need to move all rectangles of the active spread—and only rectangles—by 10mm toward the outside margin? Apply Equalizer's X-Location Move by feature to the
Spread while targeting
Rectangles in facing-pages mode (symmetrical reference point):
• You can do the same with layout's guides. Select the
Guides targets instead:
• Need to repeatedly swap two selected objects? Just right-click and choose Equalizer | Swap items:
• Need to resize all images of the whole document by a same factor? Using the
Document scope select the
Graphics category (Contents target) and run the Multiply by task:
• You can reset the “scaling factor” instead. Enter the desired percentage in the Rescale to field.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg:
For a summary of Equalizer's very new features, see “New Features in Equalizer 3”. You will discover:
• Swapping stuff from the Context Menu or from the main dialog.
• Sending coordinates to Equalizer.
• Updating the reference point while copying.
• Using the Page Side selector.
• Fine-tuning the set of targets.
But, please, read the manual to take full control of Equalizer's features:
• Mirrored reference point for facing-page documents.
• Rescale to task (added in v.3.014.)
• InDesign CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, and CC compliant, on Mac OS and Windows platforms.
…and so much more!
Give it a try!
Equalizer's TRY version offers all the features of the PRO release, except it does not support the
Document scope. If you need to use the plug-in in production, consider to purchase a PRO version license.
• Installation. — The TRY and PRO versions of Equalizer are both delivered in the jsx format. You simply need to put the file in your Scripts Panel folder. The script is instantly available in the InDesign Scripts panel.
Note. — If you cannot find the location of your Scripts Panel folder, run InDesign and display the Scripts panel (Window > Automation > Scripts or Window > Utilities > Scripts). Then right-click the User folder and, in the fly-out menu, pick Reveal in Finder (Mac OS) or Reveal in Explorer (Windows). If there is not already a Scripts Panel subfolder within the revealed Scripts folder, create here a new folder named Scripts Panel.